Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Teakettle

We played teakettle to learn more about those pesky homophones. Students worked with a partner. They chose a set of homophones and wrote sentences substituting the word TEAKETTLE.  My example was: I teakettle as much as I can.  I am teakettle handed.  (write/right)





Can you guess this pair's homophones?  Their sentences were:
I found a teakettle in the ground.  I ate a teakettle sandwich.



Can you guess Zach's and Dale's?  
I see a teakettle in the  woods.  Teakettle Dom, I will see you tomorrow.




Caleb and Carly asked: I like to eat a teakettle. Kadence and Liam are a teakettle.







Mackenzie and Safi wrote: 
Today is the second day of the teakettle.
I am teakettle.( Did they know they were going
to be partners and plan their matching
outfits?)



Cloe and Kennedy chose to do:
I do teakettle like to clean my room.  There is a teakettle in the string. 



This trio asked: I went to the teakettle.  I teakettle a truck.

We hope you had fun figuring out the answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment